This Day in History: 1914-06-22
C.G. Mader Meat Market opens
Previously Hoffman & Co Meat Market, Charles G. Mader opens C.G. Mader Meat Market on the North East corner of Main Street and Exchange Street (Clara Barton Street). Mader’s Sons, Carl in 1915 and Herman in 1918, joined their father in the family business. Herman passed away at the age of 55 in 1958. Charles passed away in 1965 leaving Carl to run the business which he did until 1981.