This Day in History: 1925-06-07
Dansville Free Methodist Church built
Dansville Free Methodist Church built on Franklin Street.
This church here in Dansville was first met in the home of M. H. Wompole. It was called the “Peniel Mission”. In 1917, Fred Hessler was appointed Pastor by the Susquehanna Conference of the Free Methodist Church.
As the congregation grew, so did the need for a building. And so in the summer of 1924, on land given by Fred Hessler, the building was started. On the first day of January, 1925, the first service was held in the basement of the church until the sanctuary was finished in June of 1925.