This Day in History: 1921-06-04
Star Theatere opens
The Star Theatre, designed by architect Louis Pelton in 1921, offered vaudeville shows, along with movies. The photo above shows a Trackless Train of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer during a Transcontinental Tour. By 1941, it was part of the small Martina Circuit. After a long successful run, the theater closed in 1985 and remained shuttered for over eight years.
Purchased in early 1994, and under renovation for a six month period, the theater finally opened its doors in October 1994, with a menu of first-run movies.