This Day In History: 1876-06-05
St. Mary’s School dedicated
The St. Mary’s School that was on Franklin Street was built during the pastorate of Father Egler in 1876. There were about 150 students at the parochial school and were taught by 4 Sisters of St, Josephs of Rochester, NY. In the summer of 1900, an addition was added that allowed all class rooms to be on the first floor. In 1902 the attendance was 135 children.
After being torn down, this site is now home to Snyder Brothers Cemetery Service